The UNSW Film, Television and Digital Media discipline, led by iCinema, was the only cohort in Australia to score 5 out of 5 for this discipline in the 2012 Excellence in Research Australia evaluation of research excellence.
- All Projects
- ConFIGURING the CAVE
- Conversations@the Studio
- Cross Currents
- Darling River Journey
- Dead Heat
- Deep Sleep
- Double District
- iCASTS - Mining VR
- La Dispersion du Fils
- Magnesium Light
- There is still time... Brother
- Web of Life
- iCinema Studio/ SOMA Electives
PhD Research Areas
- Software engineering for real-time distributed interactive environments
- Automated video, image, sound and speech analysis
- Computer Graphics
- Real-time simulation of physical systems
- Hardware design for interactive immersive environments
- Sound and speech synthesis
- Human, agent and robot interaction
- Artificial intelligence, virtual characters and autonomous agents
- PhD Research Outputs
- Postgraduate Students
iCASTS - Mining VR
iCASTS is a virtual reality system that recreates mine environments for training scenarios, displayed in multiple theatre modes including AVIE for group training and iDome for individual training.
Prof Waller, Dr Vinayak V Dixit and Prof Del Favero have been awarded an ARC LIEF grant to develop a multi-institutional Simulation Laboratory, supporting a new generation of transport analysis for intelligent transport systems (ITS).
Dennis Del Favero and a team including the ABC, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Australian Defence Force, Australia Council, awarded grant to develop an intelligent archive of contemporary war testimonies.